Information Technology Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. It is also one of the most rural, as only 18 per cent of its people live in urban centers and the rest live in very remote areas with no option of transport being available due to the tough terrain. In locations such as PNG, we require good IT services and infrastructure to operate safely and effectively.
To help implement and develop good IT services and infrastructure we are looking for an IT Manager to join our PNG program. Our IT function covers a wide portfolio from program development to customer support.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the PNG team and make a difference to the isolated communities we serve.
As the IT Manager in our PNG program, you will be managing the operation and maintenance of server and network infrastructure necessary to best support MAF’s internal needs, as agreed with the Country Director and MAF International IT Support Department.
You will also be involved in upgrading our hardware and software, ensuring they are up to date. This role will involve some travel to our other bases in PNG to implement new infrastructure.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Qualifications or training in a related field or 3 – 5 years IT or equivalent experience
- Management experience preferred in the following: Microsoft Windows Servers, Linux Servers & Network architecture, security and maintenance Microsoft Windows Servers, Linux Servers & Network architecture, security and maintenance
- Solid understanding of IP networking: Ethernet and Wifi (LAN and extended area)
- Working knowledge of Windows Domains, Policies and WSUS
- Able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to clients and staff
- Ability to diagnose Cat5 cabling faults
- Good communicator in conceptual terms and detailed specifics; written and spoken
- Good people manager and team builder
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Exposure to or experience in non-profit/missions environment (ideal, but not essential)