How We Help:
Clean Water &
It all starts with access to clean water. Without it community development can’t begin as crops fail, livestock become ill, and people die. MAF works with agencies and community leaders to improve the lives of people by helping to provide access to this most essential and critical thing.
Add proper sanitation and you reduce the likelihood of sickness and disease exponentially. Now you have the basis of real community development that can include schools, better housing, a health clinic, and even income generating things like fish farms and cash crops.
MAF works with local community workers, and hundreds of relief and development organizations to help improve the lives of those living in remote and isolated communities in more than 30 countries around the world.
MAF assists our partners in water and community development by:
- Providing flights that deliver engineers and materials for well digging and sanitation systems.
- Transporting building materials for the construction of schools, health clinics, and improved housing.
- Providing teams with the access they need to help install solar panels to power electrical systems for remote health clinics and schools.
- Delivering materials and equipment to set up local income generating schemes like fish farms and improved irrigation for gardens and cashcrops.
- In war-torn countries like Angola, we work with agencies to remove relics from war including unexploded ordinances and landmines.
- Providing regular access to materials for teachers in schools, including new technologies like “offline” internet to expand students’ understanding of the world around them.